If you are planning a trip to the National Grand Canyon, you should make reservations to embark on the popular Railway adventure. This amazing train tour has provided entertainment and enchantment to millions of people since the year of 1901. As you step onto the cars of the vessel, you will be immediately transported back in time. You will witness the passion of the crew members, who are not only enthralled by the geological formations and wildlife of the national park, but, highly knowledgeable on the history of the region. Authentic characters, amazing musicians, and other types of entertainers will bring the Old West alive, right in front of your eyes! The National Grand Canyon Railway adventure will captivate your imagination, ignite your senses, and entertain you with its magnificence!
What starts out as a seemingly ordinary journey will transform into an extraordinary adventure that will leave you with lifelong memories. The train leaves each day from Williams in the State of Arizona. It then travels north to the South Rim of the National Grand Canyon. It takes 2.25 hours for the train to arrive at its destination and the same amount of time to return in the afternoon. While traveling on this amazing route, you will witness the following:
- You will be able to observe a wide variety of landscapes while onboard the National Grand Canyon Railway adventure. Examples include pine forests, open prairies, and amazing landscapes that include a wide variety of geological formations.
- While traveling, you may be lucky enough to capture a glance at the real Native Americans that reside in and around the National Grand Canyon. Currently, there are Havasupai, Hopi, Navajo, and Paiute Native Americans.
- Numerous species of wildlife may be seen on your train tour of the National Grand Canyon. It is not at all uncommon for visitors to witness mountain lions, rock squirrels, elk, deer, pronghorn, bald eagles, California condors, and skunks running about.
- Finally, while exploring the route that the National Grand Canyon Railway adventure takes, you will get the unique experience of observing a large assortment of plant life. Examples of that which you may see include aspen, Ponderosa Pine, Pinyon and Juniper woodlands, live oak, mountain ash, Douglas fur, salt bushes, and spruce!
Classes and Rates
When you elect to embark on the Grand Canyon Railway adventure, you will discover that there are six different classes that you may take and each has their own unique prices. As of January of 2016, the classes and rates for this National Grand Canyon adventure are as follows:
- The Pullman Car Class charges $65.00 for adults and $29.00 for children.
- The Coach Class charges $79.00 for adults and $47.00 for children.
- The First Class charges $152.00 for adults and $118.00 for children.
- The Observation Dome Class charges $181.00 for adults and $147.00 for children.
- The Luxury Dome Class charges $219.00 for adults and is not suitable for children.
- The Luxury Parlor Class charges $219.00 for adults and is not suitable for children.
If you are interested in seeing the National Grand Canyon in its entirety, you should schedule a trip on the Railway, and a helicopter tour from above!