It doesn’t matter if you already live in America or whether you are planning to visit from overseas when you’re planning a vacation in the USA, one place you must visit is Las Vegas. It’s such an iconic city that you just have to experience it. Not only is there a lot to do in the city itself, but it is close to numerous places of interest.
One of the most amazing places to visit while on a stay in Las Vegas is the Grand Canyon. It doesn’t even matter if you’re only in Las Vegas for the weekend, because you can always take a Grand Canyon helicopter tour. This means it is possible to be able to experience the magnificence of the Canyon within a day.
While there are a variety of tours available, each varying in length and extra activities, one of the more popular tours available is the Grand Canyon Helicopter Tour and Colorado River Boat Ride. This is an amazing tour for the holiday maker who is short on time but wants an adventure with the Canyon. As the name of the tour suggests you get a spectacular aerial tour of the Grand Canyon before landing and boarding a boat to cruise down the beautiful Colorado River. The Colorado boat ride is a very relaxing way to take in the views. After your boat ride you will then be taken by helicopter back to Las Vegas.
The tour will usually will take only half a day, so this gives you plenty of time to explore the rest of Las Vegas at a leisurely pace. Or maybe even take a different helicopter tour.
Grand Canyon Helicopter Tour and Colorado River Boat Ride
Fly to the Grand Canyon’s West Rim by helicopter, enjoy a champagne picnic, then cruise the Colorado River. This is a half-day tour, leaving you with time in the day free to explore Las Vegas and Nevada at your leisure.
Colorado River Boat Ride details
This tour combines a helicopter tour and a boat ride on the Colorado River together which provides you with a unique view of the Grand Canyon from water and air.
- You and your fellow tour participants are picked up and dropped off by limousine, making the journey that more enjoyable.
- You then take off on a 45 minute helicopter ride to the Grand Canyon, passing the great Hoover Dam on your flight.
- The helicopter lands on the rim near the Colorado River where you can drink a glass of champagne and enjoy a (light) picnic overlooking the incredible scenery.
- You then board the boat that is taking you on a fifteen minute trip on the Colorado River that is allowing you to take in your surroundings in a different perspective.
- You can then enjoy the return helicopter trip to Las Vegas, overflying Lake Mead’s north shore and the Las Vegas Strip in the process.